Sunday, February 9, 2020

uncomfortable thoughts

Ever since the death of Kobe Bryant, I have been thinking about death more often than before. It’s an uncomfortable thought. But I heard Ustaz Suhaib Webb said on his podcast, and also Imam Omar Sulaiman on his Friday Khutbah, both mentioned that we should think about death everyday. But I guess it’s not to scare us, more of a reminder. When you think about your own death, you will try your best to say things nicely, thinking that If I die the next second, I wouldn’t want that bad word to be the last word that I say.

It’s really unfortunate that it takes a death of someone so prolific as Kobe Bryant, to shake the world. All of the sudden, everyone is telling everyone else that they love them, apologizing to people. Allah works in mysterious ways. But in Allah we trust.

Be kind. Show love. Apologize and forgive people.

No comments:

Post a Comment